Here are the details for Saturday’s race at Southampton. Start list will follow.
Live Results will be available via https://www.skiresults.co.uk/live/819
The provisional timetable for the day is:
· 7:30 Centre Opens
· 7:45 Bib Issue
· 8:00 – 9:00 Open Practice
· 9:00 Individual timed runs
· ~13:00 Individual Head to Heads (immediately following the individual runs)
· ~15:00 Club and Fun Team Races
· ~16:00 Prize Giving
At bib allocation, a sheet will be given to each club representative. This will ask for information regarding the team races and must be returned to the timing hut immediately after the end of the 3 individual timed runs. We need to know:
1. whether a club wishes to enter 1 or 2 teams into the Open Club Championship
2. who the team members are for the Open Club Championship team(s)
3. which racers want to do the Fun Team event
(A racer can only enter one or other of the team events.)
The slope will be running a BBQ during the day.
Please note that the main lift will be out of action all weekend. The lift to the left of the middle slope as you look from the bottom will be available. Competitors will need to walk to the top and will need to cross the racing path. Please follow all instructions carefully.
Directions to the slope – postcode SO16 7AY
The Alpine Centre is about two and half miles north of the city centre. It is part of a major sports complex, so follow signs for the SPORTS CENTRE. All vehicles can be left in the main Sports Centre car parks and the Alpine Centre can be approached on foot, but please allow 10-15 minutes. Alternatively, there is a small council car park (not under the control of the Alpine Centre) located above the slope which is accessed from Winchester Road via Vermont Close.